Unleash potential in our community
Literacy/High School Equivalency Preparation
Your future starts here today! Classes are no charge for anyone 21 years or older. You can attend our classroom to improve reading and math skills, and prepare for the High School Equivalency Exam. New York State Education Department issues a High School Equivalency Diploma when an out of school youth or adult obtains a passing score on a designated exam. The designated exam is the GED® Exam as of January 1, 2022.
- Improve Basic Skills
- High School Equivalency Exam Preparation Classroom
- NEDP – online studies for HSE (if qualified)
- Monthly HSE Exam (GED®)
- No charge to students for class and materials.
- Instruction specific to your needs, only in the areas that you need help with!
- Work at your own pace.
- Not the usual formal classroom instruction: individual and small group instruction.
- Stress-free learning environment.
- Materials are tutorial in nature.
- Learning centered on you!
- Come to class at any time within the class hours and stay as long as you’d like. For example, come for one hour or stay the whole day.
* Home study option is also available for those who qualify.
*Please call the Center for Learning to schedule an individual one-on-one testing/orientation session*
Want to schedule your GED Exam? Sign up at https://ged.com
12 Allen Street
Auburn, NY 13021
P: (315) 253-4899
F: (315) 253-2972
In-person Classroom Hours:
*Attend anytime during classroom hours*
Tuesday 8am - 4pm
Wednesday 8am - 4pm
Thursday 8am - 4pm
Home study in-person tutoring:
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays, 8am - 4pm
Home study online tutoring:
Wednesday 12pm – 3pm
Thursday 5pm – 8pm