Welcome to the eLearning Academy. The eLearning Academy is a program through Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES where students in component school districts can take online courses to earn high school credit. Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES currently offers online courses to component school districts that are interested in providing additional educational opportunities to their students. In return, students can earn high school credit by taking online courses.
The process for enrolling into an online course is provided below:
- Student meets with his/her school counselor to discuss interest in an online course.
- Local district administrator completes the District Request for Online Course Form. Upon completion forward it to Margaret Colella's attention at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student completes the Online Student Registration Form and returns it to the guidance counselor. School counselor and principal must approve a student to enroll by signing the Student Registration form.
- Return the completed/signed form to Mrs. Margaret Colella by June 30 of the year prior to enrollment.
- Student completes orientation/training with the eLearning Specialist and learns how to navigate through the course.
*NOTE: All registration forms must be received by Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES by June 30 of the year prior to enrollment. Complete and signed forms can be scanned/emailed or interoffice mailed to:
Mrs. Margaret Colella
Course content is high quality, aligned with NYS standards, and supported by video, text, voice, graphics, and interactive components that keep students engaged and motivated while learning.
All courses are taught by New York State certified teachers who are experts in their subject and teach outside of their normal work day.
Students earn high school credit.
Students can access their course anytime, anywhere.
Students can access course and work on assignments during study halls or at home.
Students complete assignments and tasks according to the due date schedule.
Students follow due dates in order to complete the course on time.
Students can track their progress and grades automatically within the course.
Students meet with eLearning Specialist to discuss progress and concerns.
Students meet electronically with online teacher as necessary.Parents can communicate on child’s progress with eLearning Specialist.
- Students who want to study a subject not offered in their district.
- Students wishing to earn more high school credits
- Students with scheduling conflicts.
- Students facing graduation ineligibility.
- Students who want to be challenged to explore a new subject.
- Students preparing for college.
- Students desiring a technical learning experience.
- Students interested in developing skills needed in the workforce.