Online Learning CCC Courses
Taking college courses while in high school allows students to be more prepared for when they enter college. Students are introduced to the rigors of college coursework early and they won’t have to take as many courses when they’re actually in college.
Students can take online courses through Cayuga Community College and earn college credit while in high school. The collaboration between Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES and Cayuga Community College allows students to take online college courses with CCC professors.
- Students follow the CCC calendar and course due dates
- Each course is worth three college credits
- Students are required to use their CCC email to communicate with the professor
- Students are assigned a designated class period in the school day/week to work on their course as well as outside of their regular school day
- Classroom facilitators are assigned to the students in component districts to act as a liaison between the student and Margaret Colella, Lead eLearning Specialist, at Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES.
- Margaret Colella, Lead eLearning Specialist at Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES, will have access to students’ progress within the course and act as the liaison between the student, component district, and the college.
- Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES orders the textbooks on behalf of the component district then bills the district
- Fee per credit is $68