Job Opportunities for Students
Village of Skaneateles
The Village of Skaneateles is hiring a laborer. The work involves a variety of routine manual tasks requiring little planning or special knowledge and sustained medium to heavy physical effort involving frequent exposure to all kinds of weather conditions. A Laborer I usually works as a member of a crew using hand tools and power tools such as chain saws, pneumatic tools, and may operate power driven equipment such as lawn mowers, snow blowers and small tractors.
To apply, please click here!
Tri-County Auto Garage
We are looking for an auto Technician full time or part time. Pay will be based on experience and must have basic tools. Inspection license is a plus but not necessary. Please contact Ron at 315-776-3119.
J&B Installations is a commercial roofing company located in Skaneateles Falls, NY. We are in the business of doing flat roof repair and construction. We have been in business for over 40 years. Currently, we are looking for workers to fill our 12 crews. We have a lot of work this year, including 6 schools. No experience is necessary. They will be OSHA trained. We start our employees out at $20/hour and when working on public projects they are paid a prevailing wage, which is upward of $35 depending on county. This is manual labor, so I want to make that clear up front. If you have any students that may be interested in working for us, even if just as a summer job, we would be glad to meet with them. They must be able to travel around central New York to the work site, however, most of our crew's car pool.
Hammond & Irving, Inc.
Hammond & Irving, Inc., an Auburn, NY manufacturer, is now hiring candidates for full-time entry level positions immediately available in our manufacturing plant. The work environment is heavy industrial, high heat, high noise, and dusty. Individuals will be required to perform tasks that include lifting up to 60lbs repeatedly and safely, walking, standing, bending over, pushing and/or pulling. We offer a competitive wage starting at $18.75 for the first 60 days, after 60 days wage increases depending on job performed, wages would exceed $22.50 per hour most shifts. We offer benefits that include health/dental insurance, 401(k), quarterly bonus, safety equipment allowance, as well as others, once eligibility requirements are met. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO/AAP). All candidates must complete a company application. Applications are available at Hammond & Irving, Inc., 254 North St., Auburn, NY 13021 or on-line at www.hammond-irving.com.
- Work well in a team setting.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized work area.
- Follow company policies, and job specific procedures
- Read a standard tape measure to the 1/16th of an inch.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older
NYS DEC Opportunities
StateJobsNY - Public Information: Review Vacancy - Bath, Steuben County
StateJobsNY - Public Information: Review Vacancy - Corning, Steuben County
StateJobsNY - Public Information: Review Vacancy - Savannah, Wayne County
StateJobsNY - Public Information: Review Vacancy - Avon, Livingston County
Camp Gregory, in Aurora, NY, is seeking help for multiple summer youth camp positions. To view these positions, please click here!
Upstate Farms Dairy
Come join a great Company as a Skilled Diesel Mechanic and receive a $5,000 sign-on bonus! Secure your future with one of the largest farmer owned dairy manufacturers and distributors in the country.
Upstate Farms Logistics is seeking a Diesel Mechanic to maintain the Company's fleet of trucks, tractors, trailers, trailer refrigeration systems and dollies.
Previous experience basic heavy-duty repairs and Commercial Drivers License Class A preferred. Excellent pay & benefit package offered including; health, RX, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k.
- Company Match 401k with No Vesting Period!
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Benefits with Company Paid HRA
- Perfect Attendance Bonus Program
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Pay range based on experience, certifications and licensing.
Job Openings at Stafkings
Stafkings in Auburn, NY has several openings for PCA/HHA (personal care aides) positions. To be considered, applicants must have a high school degree and a PCA or HHA certification. The salary range is from $13.20-13.80 per hour. These positions come with health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance and paid sick leave.
Position summary: Provides personal care to patients as delegated by a professional member of the patient care team. Responsible for paraprofessional aspects of
care and patient safety. Functions under the overall supervision of the Healthcare Coordinator and the RN Home Health Supervisor.
1. Provides for the personal care needs of the patient as designated on the HHA plan of care;
2. Reports changes in the patient's condition and needs in a timely fashion.
3. Documents care on appropriate forms.
4. Submits to the organization completed documentation within established time parameters.
5. Performs all duties within the boundaries of the Home Health Aide Scope of Tasks.
6. Provides care to the patient with attention to the safety needs of the patient.
7. Performs household duties as designated by the careplan.
8. Utilizes equipment and supplies appropriately.
9. Revises workload and patient care assignments as requested by the Healthcare Coordinator or RN.
10. Takes initiative in performance of assigned work, requiring minimal supervision.
11. Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service and the provision of quality care.
12. Exhibits positive interpersonal verbal & written skills.
13. Attends a minimum of twelve hours of continuing education/inservice each year.
14. Completes an annual skills assessment.
15. Maintains compliance with all employment requirements.
16. Performs all other duties as assigned.
For more information: Contact Amber Salvage at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Openings at RYCOE Enterprises Inc.
"RYCOE Enterprises Inc. is looking to expand our team with an experienced full-time team member! RYCOE is made up of hard-working individuals who are passionate about what they do. We remain dedicated to our employees and customers. We are a tight-knit and passionate team that understands there is more to life than just work - which is why we live by the work hard play hard mentality and strongly believe in a healthy work-life balance. We believe in providing the most value to our customers and doing the right thing no matter what. Our goal is to deliver the best possible solution and communicate with our customers to create a worry-free process.
RYCOE provides an ideal environment for individuals that thrive in a high-paced environment, is looking for a long-term career option and seeks to progress their career. RYCOE is committed to supporting these individual through the growth of their career through guidance, mentorship, and educational support. Whether you live in the area, are willing to commute, or are looking to move to our area - we are interested in you!"
To view current openings, click here!
Finish/Deburr Technician at Avstar
Hand finish and deburr a wide variety of precision metal parts and castings for the aviation fuel system industry in compliance with established specifications and procedures. The debur/finish technician will shape and smooth metal surfaces of various machined parts using appropriate tools, clean-up of all grinding and filing, and perform all related burr removal for precision machined components.
For more information, please click here!
Industry Field Service Technician at D&W Industrial
Do you have interest in becoming a factory certified technician for industrial air compressors and dryers? D&W Industrial is the exclusive authorized Gardner Denver industrial air compressor distributor in Upstate New York and we have this opportunity open in our Western New York territory.
This position offers significant earning potential. You will also receive extensive in-house and factory training, a company supplied service truck and the support of an experienced service team. D&W offers company supported health, disability and life insurance, 401K plan with match and Employee Stock Option Plan.
Well-established as a supplier of industrial compressed air equipment, D&W has experienced over 45 years of continuous growth, with revenues in excess of $95 million.
- Provide routine preventative maintenance to a variety of compressors and dryers
- Make service calls as required and directed at customer facilities
- Provide troubleshooting and technical services
- Install new equipment
- Strong mechanical background
- Willingness to perform service and repairs at industrial facilities
- Possess adequate hand tools
- Ability to learn and retain technical training
- Valid driver license and good driving record
- Physically able to safely work on industrial equipment
To apply for this position, visit our website at www.dwindustrial.com and click the Career tab. If you are unable to apply online due to disability, please contact Human Resources: 315-253-2324.
Master Service Technician at D&W Industrial
D&W Industrial is the exclusive authorized distributor for Gardner Denver industrial compressed air equipment in Western New York. We have an opportunity for a Master Service Technician to support this equipment and provide technical leadership to our service team.
The successful candidate will have experience in troubleshooting and repairing industrial equipment, ideally including compressed air systems. D&W and Gardner Denver will also provide extensive product training.
- Provide professional troubleshooting and repair services at industrial facilities
- Install new systems and equipment
- Provide maintenance services to industrial compressed air systems at customer sites
- Solve challenging technical issues
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring
- Experience installing, servicing or repairing industrial equipment
- Familiarity with industrial pneumatics, motors and controls
- Willingness to perform service and repairs at industrial sites
- Strong communication skills
- Valid driver license and good driving record
- Physically able to safely work on industrial equipment
Well-established as a supplier of industrial compressed air equipment, positive displacement blowers and vacuum pumps, D&W has experienced 45 years of continuous growth with revenues in excess of $95 million.
This position offers significant earning potential. You will also receive a company supplied service truck, and the support of an experienced service team. D&W offers company supported health, disability and life insurance, 401K plan with match and Employee Stock Option Plan.
To apply for this position, visit our website at www.dwindustrial.com and click the Career Tab. If you are unable to apply online due to disability, please contact Human Resources: 315-253-2324.