Board of Education
The Cayuga-Onondaga Board of Cooperative Educational Services is a corporate body and derives its powers and duties from the State of New York. All authority rests with the Board of Cooperative Education Services as a whole and not with any individual member or any group of members on any committee. The Board of Cooperative Educational Services reaffirms that basic control of education within the state framework is a local prerogative and responsibility. The Board will undertake programs and adopt policies in keeping with and support of such affirmation.
Members of the Cayuga-Onondaga Counties Board of Cooperative Educational Services shall serve on the Board for a term of three (3) years. Any eligible voter in one of the component districts may be elected to the Board of Cooperative Educational Services. An employee of one of the component districts of Cayuga-Onondaga Counties Board of Cooperative Educational Services is not eligible for election to the Board of Cooperative Educational Services.
Board meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the third Thursday of the month. Special meetings are held on occasion as needed. The meetings begin at 6 p.m.
- Nominations for BOCES Board of Education – Monday, March 18, 2024
- Annual Meeting – Thursday, April 4, 2024
- Annual Budget/Election Vote – Wednesday, April 17, 2024
- 2024-2025 Reorganization Meeting – Thursday, July 11, 2024
* All board meetings start at 6:00 PM at the Cayuga-Onondaga BOCES Regional Education Center
- July 6, 2023: Reorganization**
- August 17, 2023
- September 21, 2023
- October 19, 2023
- November 16, 2023
- December 21, 2023
- January 18, 2024
- February 8, 2024**
- March 21, 2024
- April 4, 2024: Annual Meeting
- April 18, 2024
- May 15, 2024 **
- June 20, 2024
** Not the third Thursday of the Month